You sent Today at 8:49 AM Owen sent Today at 8:51 AM

Perennial Living FAQs

Our Special Interest Experiences are awesome. No doubt you have some questions like what to pack and prepare,  dietary considerations, or how long is the drive to the experience meeting point?  You’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the information you need here or on each Experience Summary page.

Tell me about your Perennial Guides

Our experienced Guides accompany and support you throughout each Experience.  They make sure you are welcomed and that you understand when and where to meet, and what to bring to each activity. They safely transport you about and ensure things go smoothly during your stay.  We think they are awesome.

Can I travel solo on your Experiences?

Absolutely.  Many of our guests join because they are travelling solo and want to meet, share experiences, and develop new friendships.

Are your Experiences physically demanding?

Not really. We typically walk up to 2 km a day at a sedate pace. Some experiences require a bit more fitness like our guided walks. Check out our Experience Summaries for more information. 

What if it rains?

Most of our Experiences operate when it is raining. Some activities may be shortened if the weather is particularly unfriendly. We recommend you pack suitable wet weather gear including a jacket or umbrella just in case.

Can we bring the kids along?

Only if they are over 18 years of age as we are an adults-only experience.

I’m driving to the Experience Commencement Point, where can I leave my car?

We provide all transport during the duration of each Experience.  If you arrive at our Experience Commencement Point in your car, please park your vehicle in our accommodation partners’ secure car park and relax.  We also operate a complimentary shuttle to and from local train stations.

Are beverages included in your Experience price?

Yes! Our dining experiences include a range of premium beverages. Our Host will explain which beverages are included in our package at each venue. If you’re particularly thirsty, you are welcome to purchase additional beverages directly from venues.

Do you cater to special dietary or allergy requirements?

Yes. Please ensure you advise us of any special dietary or allergy needs on our Experience Booking Form. We will do our best to cater to your requirements and advise you if any of our providers cannot meet your needs.

Are Perennial Living experiences LGBTIQA+ friendly?

We are proud to say that many of our guests are part of the LGBTIQA+ community. Our guiding principles are inclusion and respect for all guests. This means all guests will feel safe and comfortable in our company.


When do you send my Experience Itinerary and travel requirements?

We will forward a comprehensive Experience Information Pack to you when you confirm the details of your booking. This will include information about where and when to meet, full itinerary, special clothing and/or footwear required, confirmation of any special requests, and/or optional extras.

Please ensure you bring this along to your Experience.

What should I pack?

Perennial Living provides premium accommodation and transport throughout each experience.  However, please bring appropriate seasonal clothing and wet weather gear just in case mother nature is not kind. Please also bring good walking shoes as some experiences require walking in the bush and through vineyard manufacturing facilities.  Specific clothing requirements are provided in the Experience Information Pack we send to you when you confirm your booking.  

A hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent are always a good idea😊

If you are joining us from overseas please always travel with your current passport, visas, travel insurance.

Do I need travel insurance?

Australians in Australia and New Zealanders in New Zealand are not required to be covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation for trips within Australia and New Zealand. However, we strongly recommend that you have a domestic travel insurance policy that covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment, and loss of luggage, and personal effects.

Travel insurance is compulsory for all international travellers and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses, and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability, and loss of luggage, and personal effects. You must provide proof of your travel insurance on the first day of your trip; you will not be able to join the trip without it.

Do I need a visa to visit Australia or New Zealand?

All travellers, except Australian and New Zealand citizens, must obtain a visa or travel authority before travelling to Australia or New Zealand. Failure to do so means you may not be allowed to board your flight to Australia or New Zealand. Most nationalities can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority via the internet before arrival. Please check the following website or with your relevant Australian or New Zealand visa issuing office for your nationalities requirements. or

Do you offer a transport service to get me to the Experience Commencement Point?

Yes, for some experiences, we provide an optional Shuttle Pick-Up service to transport guests to the Experience Commencement Point. Please see available Shuttle Pick-Up options in each Experience Summary.  Some additional charges may apply. 

Do I need to reconfirm my tour?

You do not need to reconfirm your booking with us, but please make sure you have provided all the information required that we need well in advance – such as your carrier and arrival time if you require our optional pick-up and any dietary requirements.


What's included in the cost of the trip?

Our inclusive pricing covers your guide, group transport, premium accommodation, great food, most wine, all interest-based activities, and any optional extras you selected on your Booking Form. Additional beverages can be purchased from venues.

How can friends and family contact you?

If family and friends are unable to contact you in an emergency through email or phone, they can contact Perennial Living via phone or email detail as specified on this website.

Will my mobile work?

We can never guarantee your phone will work as desired, as some of our destinations may have limited coverage. Chat to your phone provider before you leave about global roaming and the costs involved, and get their advice on the coverage you’ll receive in the places you’re travelling in. Alternatively, you can usually pick up a local sim card on the cheap (just make sure your phone is unlocked!).

Can’t find answers to your questions? Please get in touch using the details in our Contact Page so we can fill in any gaps for you.